The Jamaica 55 Diaspora Conference under the theme "Partnering for Growth” promises to be an informative and rich experience in the capital of Kingston at the Jamaica Conference Centre, between July 23rd and 26th 2017. ‘The programme has been fully redesigned to breathe new life into the format of the conference and the planned exchanges with participants. Register & Book Your Hotel and Air Travel Now
The Jamaican Embassy in Brazil is responsible for the promotion of Jamaican interests and the delivery of consular and other public services in Brazil on behalf of the Government of Jamaica.
Embassy officials engage directly with Brazilian government ministries and agencies in advancing Jamaican interests. They also pursue the development of strategic investment and trade promotion with private interests in Brazil with a view to promoting Jamaican exports to Brazil and increasing Brazilian investment in Jamaica.
The Consular Section of the Embassy provides vital services to Jamaican citizens residing in Brazil and to Brazilian citizens and non-Brazilians who wish to travel, visit or do business with Jamaica. Among other services, the consular section offers passport and emergency services to Jamaican visitors as needed during their stay in Brazil.
The Embassy functions includes in following :
- Enhances friendly bilateral relations between the governments of Jamaica and Brazil
- Promotes and strengthens commercial, trade, and scientific links between Jamaica and Brazil. Currently, specialized areas of cooperation are health, energy, sport and agriculture. Mission also engages in development of strategic investment and trade promotion opportunities between both countries
- Intensifies cooperation between Jamaica and Brazil at the multilateral level (e.g., Organization of Jamaican States – OAS, the Group of Fifteen – G-15) and at the regional level (e.g., CARICOM - Brazil mechanism; the Community of Latin Jamaican and Caribbean States – CELAC; Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean-ECLAC)
- Provides consular services for the protection of the welfare of Jamaican citizens living, travelling and trading in Brazil, among them passports, emergency assistance
- Fosters friendship between the people of Jamaica and Brazil through the promotion of tourism, educational and cultural exchanges and other people-to-people links, and the dissemination of information on Jamaica