Citizenship by Descent for Persons born outside of Jamaica of Jamaican parentage
An applicant qualifies for Citizenship by Descent where
a. (1) He or she was born outside of Jamaica before 6th August 1962 and was on 5th August 1962 a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies.
(11) His or her mother or father on the 6th August became or would have, but for his/her death, become a citizen of Jamaica.
b. He or she was born outside of Jamaica after the 5th August 1962 whose mother/father at that date of his/her birth is/was a citizen of Jamaica by birth, descent or registration by virtue of marriage to a Jamaican
Complete the application form requesting the establishment of a claim to citizenship of Jamaica.
Supporting documents required are:
- The claimant's Birth Certificate
- The claimant's father’s or mother’s Birth Certificate or Certificate of Jamaican Citizenship
- Two (2) passport photographs of the claimant certified by a Consular Officer, Justice of the Peace or Notary Public
- Marriage Certificate (where applicable).
- Applicant's ID (adult 18 years old and older)
- Jamaican parent's Government issued ID
- Official Change of Name Document if applicable (deed polls registered through the court or the country's records office)