Emergency Travel

Emergency Travel Documents (Emergency Certificates)

Emergency Certificates (ECs) are issued to facilitate travel. They are not substitutes for a passport and are not normally issued for travel to another country, unless that country‚Äôs immigration authorities will accept them.  Emergency Certificates are issued within a 24- 48 hour period, based on submission of proof of Jamaican citizenship.

ECs are issued in the following instances

  • Lost or stolen passport
  • Expired passport


  • Jamaican Passport Application Form
  • Two (2) passport-sized photographs
  • Birth Certificate of Adoption Register
  • Certificate of Jamaican Certificate of Citizenship


  • Expired Jamaican passport
  • A photo ID issued by State/Government agency

Adults:  US$70.00
Minors:  US$70.00

Download EC